Friday, December 5, 2008

It's the holiday season. Ack!

What was I thinking? My sister single handedly brought my Christmas tree up from the basement last weekend. She did not however bring my ornaments up. She said we would decorate it later.

Of course.. I am impatient looking at my naked tree every day. So last night I tricked Charles into bringing me dinner (one of the best damned pizzas I've ever had) and dragging several boxes of ornaments and knick knacks up from the basement.

Today... I tried to hang ornaments whilst balancing on one leg and holding onto a crutch. I think I had a dozen ornaments on the tree before I reached for a high branch... lost my balance... stepped down with almost full body weight onto my bad ankle...and then fell to the floor.

Now I am on the sofa for probably the rest of the day and evening .... leg elevated .... whimpering in a ridiculously swollen cast.

Bah humbug!

No comments:

Post a Comment