Saturday, November 1, 2008

the pain

Seriously.. I thought I would never feel pain as bad as when the ER docs moved my bones around to set my ankle on day one of this adventure (this is day 25 for those of you that are counting along with me). For those of you that called me yesterday afternoon, I am pretty sure you could hear the pain in my voice.

The nerve block was turned off at around 2 and I went down hill quickly. I was agony and totally inconsolable (think ugly cry) the pain medication that was being pushed was coming close to touching my pain. Then shift changed and Jill came on board. I don't know what her magical combination was but after about 2.5 hours she got me down to a level in which I could communicate and relax a bit. Around 11:00pm sweet Nicole took over for Jill and she continued to work her magic to keep me at a level in which I wasn't miserable. Actually I was almost comfortable. As always... she checked in on me regularly all night (I don't know why the evening hours are so much harder than during the day light hours).

I don't know how I could have gotten through this without Nicole, Jill, Sylvia, Riley, Todd, Morgan, Sue, Karl and Heidi.

1 comment:

  1. You are right about hearing the pain. I'm sorry I didn't talk longer when you called. I think I lost it a little hearing your voice and that agony.

    So happy that Jill was there for you.

    ReplyDelete